My new class on The Rosc, Peotic Magic from our Druidic Past is available for download from the Irish Pagan Schoo
Online Class which gives an introduction to the Old Irish form of Poetry called Rosc (a short poem, ode or chant), which is integral to Ireland's native Magic and Spiritual Practices - from a native Irish File (Poet), who will bring you on a journey through this Poetic Magic from our Druidic past.
We examine questions and cover topics such as:
- -- An intro to Draiocht Ceoil (the magic of words and sound)
- -- An examination of what a Rosc is, in poetic terms
- -- The type of magic it was used for
- -- Examples of the Rosc from Old Irish literature
- -- Its use in Draiocht Ceoil and folk magic
- -- The construction of a Rosc
This class includes some practical prompts, discussion, Q&A from the live session, and instructional 'homework' for you to construct your own Rosc poetry!
This teaching is suitable for beginners, as well as those with more experience in this area, or in other traditions. You do not have to be dedicated to or working with any Irish Gods, Guides, or Guardians to take this class.
Your Course access enrollment below includes recorded access to:
- -- Class Presentation Slides
- -- Class Video
- -- Class Audio
- -- Class Chat Log/Resources
- -- BONUS Resources
You will get the unique perspective of a native Irish File who has studied Rosc Poetry directly, and is a published modern Irish poet and musician too. You can find more of Geraldine's work at https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3016469.Geraldine_Moorkens_Byrne